12/13 - Principal's Chat for parents/guardians of students
in grades 2-3
12/14 - School Spirit Day: ugly sweater day
- Last day to drop of gifts for Katie's Toy Drive
12/11 - BTEA Clinic: Mindfulness and Meditation
12/13 - Board of Education Meeting, 7pm @ WAMS
12/17 - BTEA Clinic: Italian for Beginners
12/20 - School Store for grades 1-5 during lunch
(kindergarteners will be able to participate starting
12/21 - Early Dismissal @ 12:45
- School Spirit Day: PJs/comfy clothes day
12/24-12/31 - School Closed - Winter Recess
MABEL'S LABELS FUNDRAISER
Did you know that the OSS Lost & Found is filled with wonderful items that our children accidentally leave around the school? To ensure that these items are successfully reunited with their people, we’ve created a partnership with Mabel’s Labels to earn cash back for the PTO with every order. We encourage you to label everything that goes to school with Mabel’s Labels as their labels are waterproof and come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee!!
Shop online here and choose Oak Street School (Basking Ridge) from the list!!
LETTER TO PARENTS OF FIFTH GRADERS
Attention all parents/guardians of fifth graders! Please click here to read an important letter from the co-chairs of the fifth grade activities committee.
FROM THE OFFICE...
FRIDAY FOLDER DISTRIBUTION
The Friday Folder distribution method has changed. Your Friday Folder email will have either Mrs. Slack or Ms. Guibord as the sender and the subject will say FRIDAY FOLDER with the date. If you are not receiving Friday Folders, please reach out to the Main Office.
SCHOOL STORE DATES
Once a month, children are given the opportunity to purchase small items during their lunch period. School Store is completely optional! However, the children love choosing and purchasing these small treasures on their own. Items range in price from $0.25 to $2.00. Please do not send your child in with more than $4.00. Children in kindergarten will be able to participate starting in January 2019.
See the flyer with dates here
CALLING ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS!
We are recruiting help to take photos at school events. Take a look at the link below for more info and to sign up.
Sign up here
REQUEST FOR OLD CDs
Mrs. Tolentino, Oak Street School's art teacher, needs old/used CDs of any kind for an upcoming art project. If you have any to donate, please send them to school in your child's backpack, labelled for Mrs. Tolentino.
OPEN CHAIR POSITIONS!
- Fifth Grade Yearbook: Collect pictures and quotes and create a hardcover yearbook to be distributed at the fifth grade party.
- Photographer (Grades K-2): Discreetly take pictures of students/staff/families during events and assemblies.
- Historian for First Grade: Collect photos from OSS families of students in first grade. This is a multi year position as we ask you to follow your child on through fifth grade. Provide material to the Yearbook and DVD committee once the kids are in fifth grade.
- Learning Garden: Create a Signup Genius for teacher use and assist the Board as we transition from a functioning garden to an outdoor classroom/mindful space. Please note that professional help has been recruited to do the actual physical labor in the garden.
- Wizards of Words, co-chair: Plan and execute the visits of two professional authors. The authors are already booked for this year, so half the job is done!
It's time to start sending in the Boxtops your family clipped all summer! Please send non-expired Boxtops in with your child to give to his or her teacher. Each Boxtop earns 10 cents for our school! The fall contest runs until December 17 and the class that collects the most Boxtops will win a special prize. Collection sheets are available below but not required; sending them in a baggie is okay too. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download collection sheets here: 25 Boxtops
Mabel's Labels: The PTO earns cash back with every order! Shop online here and choose Oak Street School (Basking Ridge) from the list!!
Shop Rite: Register your Price Plus card to earn OSS PTO eBoxtop points whenever you shop for participating products. No clipping required! Click here for more info or to register your card.
Stop and Shop: Register your rewards card to earn OSS Cash Rewards. Click here for info.
Miguel's Fitness: Work out for the PTO. Click here for info.
If you would like to have anything published on the PTO website, please email email@example.com.